- sudo unable to resolve host: Workaround, Bug Report 1, Bug Report 2.
- Excessive disk I/O in Firefox 3b5: Workaround, Bug report.
- Samba Shares: Workaround, Bug report.
-Note : Basically right click on a directory and share it -> Install the needed samba server -> log out and back in -> Repeat right click on directory to share.
Do Not Share $HOME : See Deeta’s post #7 in the “Workaround” above.
- ATI & Compiz: Rocket2DMn’s Workaround, Bug report.
- GVFS and disk usage: Workaround, Bug report.
- SATA drives not detected in IDE mode (DELL users mainly): Workaround, related thread, Bug report.
- Install VMWare Server: Workaround, not really a bug, more of a FAQ.
- VirtualBox OSE: Problem : VBox status code: -1908 (VERR_VM_DRIVER_NOT_INSTALLED). Workaround : Remove VirtualBox OSE and install the PUEL version, Bug report.
- System -> Quit takes a long time to appear: Workaround: Re-enable the gnome-power-manager in Administration-Sessions, Bug report.
- Shut down screen problem?: Workaround.
- Downgrade to Firefox 2, add-ons will not install: Workaround.
- Edit /etc/sudoers with gedit: Workaround, Bug report.
- High CPU usage in system monitor: Workaround – use top or htop in the meantime, thanks vor, Bug report – fixed upstream and currently in -proposed (may 08th 2008).
- Bluetooth headsets not working: Workaround, Bug report.
- USB devices and permissions: Workaround, Bug Report.
- The syntax used in the 40-permissions.rules has changed with 8.04. In addition, any user changes now need to be in a user-numbered-and-named.rules file higher than 40.
- Crash after installing system-config-samba: Workaround : sudo touch /etc/libuser.conf, Bug Report. Thanks kikke.
May 08th 2008: High CPU usage in system monitor.
May 10th 2008: Bluetooth headsets not working, USB devices and permissions, Crash after installing system-config-samba.